Douglas S. King CFP®612-439-8400
Doug has spent over 37 years in the financial services industry helping a select group of wealthy families across multiple generations and successful entrepreneurs reach their long-term financial goals and dreams.
He is passionate about taking a holistic approach to solving his client's complex financial needs through comprehensive financial planning, customized asset allocation strategies, tax and estate planning, and sound investment advice.
Doug has been married over 36 years to his wife, Katy, and has four adult children. He is an avid outdoorsman and loves hunting, fishing, canoeing, hiking, motorcycling, scuba diving, golfing, and snowboarding.
Years Experience: 37
Areas of Focus: Comprehensive Financial Planning, Investment Management and Research, Asset Allocation, Portfolio Construction, Retirement Planning, Retirement Income Distribution Strategies, Education Planning, Business Consulting, Cash and Debt Management, Insurance Needs Analysis
Education & Registrations:
- B.S. Finance, Virginia Tech
- B.S. Management, Virginia Tech
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), College for Financial Planning
- Series 7, 8, 63, 24, 65 and 99 securities registrations
- FL, MN, OH Insurance Licensed - Life, Health, Disability
Professional Affiliations & Achievements:
- Past Chair and Member of the Board; Certified Financial Planning Board of Standards, Inc.
- Financial Planning Association® (FPA) Member
- Board Member, Boy Scouts of America - Northern Star Council